Nuffield Health and Member Discounts
- Health screening
Looking after your health makes sense. With the UK's most advanced range of health assessments, Nuffield Health helps you take an active role in staying informed and educated about developing your health and well-being. Their staff look at contemporary lifestyle issues, such as stress, postural problems and nutrition.
Nuffield Health uses the very latest assessment technology to bring you the most advanced and relevant health assessments available today. They all include a consultation with a highly trained doctor or a physiologist and time to talk through any specific health concerns.
Four different assessment types are offered to meet your needs and give you a clearer picture of your health:
- Female Health Assessment. This health and well-being assessment focuses on women's health issues. It includes a tailored range of tests, as well as time with an experienced doctor to discuss any particular personal concerns or health issues.
- Normal price: £343.00
Discounted price for Cigna members and their family: £256.00
- Lifestyle Health Assessment. This contemporary health assessment focuses on a one-to-one coaching session with an expert physiologist. The assessment focuses on today's lifestyle and health issues. A highly trained health and well-being physiologist focuses on motivation for lifestyle and behavioral change as needed.
- Normal price: £272.00
Discounted price for Cigna members and their family: £204.00
- 360 Health Assessment. This high specification health and well-being assessment looks at your health from every angle and lasts approximately two hours. The assessment includes access to the full range of the latest technology, as well as up to an hour with an experienced doctor.
- Normal price: £574.00
Discounted price for Cigna members and their family: £428.00
- 360+ Health Assessment. This is our most comprehensive health and well-being assessment and lasts approximately two and three quarter hours. It includes the full range of the very latest health assessment technology, as well as a dynamic test measuring ECG and blood pressure during activity. A consultation with a physiologist on lifestyle management is also included.
- Normal price: £764.00
Discounted price for Cigna members and their family: £561.00
Mammography is available at a £101 supplement.
Health assessments are available in more than 30 sites across the UK. Please visit nuffieldhealth.com to find the nearest Nuffield health assessment location.
Please call the Nuffield Health booking line on 03452 302040* to book a health assessment. Have your Cigna ID number available to identify you are a Cigna member and receive your discount.
*Nuffield Health is available Monday to Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Calls are recorded.
- Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation Treatment
When it comes to getting back on your feet, you want to put yourself in the hands of those who really know what they’re doing. Physiotherapists are experts in their field and can provide you with all you need to help you with pain relief and rehabilitation. The team’s wealth of experience is supported by the latest treatment techniques and lifestyle advice to aid your recovery.
Physiotherapy treatments include:
- Sports injuries
- Spinal or joint problems
- Soft tissue injuries
- Gynecological conditions
- Chronic pain
- Post-operative recovery
You’ll receive a full consultation with an expert physiotherapist. This includes relevant medical history and a physical examination to determine the most appropriate treatment.
You can access this service through a network of Nuffield Health owned and accredited centres, giving you access to more than 450 physiotherapy clinics in hospitals and health clubs.
We’re pleased to offer you physiotherapy treatments at a discounted price of £63 for your initial 45-minute assessment and £42 for subsequent appointments.
Please call 0845 045 4845 to book a physiotherapy session. Have your Cigna ID number available to identify you are a Cigna member.
- Fitness and Well-being
Nuffield Health Gym Discount
With your Cigna plan, you can enjoy 20% discount on Nuffield Health gym membership. With access to 112 fitness and well-being centres across the UK, their expert team are always available to help you reach your fitness and well-being goals.
Membership includes access to:
- A health MOT to obtain your health score, expert health advice and a personalised action plan.
- An extensive variety of equipment to help you make the most of your gym routine.
- A wide range of exercise classes to suit people of all levels and abilities, from first timers to seasoned gym goers.
- Rewards for becoming healthier, such as one month's free membership, personal training sessions, or massages or spa treatments.
To join and enjoy 20% off:
- Simply visit any Nuffield Health gym and with your Cigna ID number, or
- Sign up online using the discount code CIG010916. You will be asked to confirm your Cigna ID number when you attend your gym for the first time.
- IVF treatment
For some, trying to get pregnant can be a very difficult and emotional process. In vitro fertilisation (IVF) is a commonly discussed fertility treatment and can be recommended for couples having difficulty conceiving, for single ladies and for same-sex couples. Each person has a unique reaction to fertility treatment and to their personal journey. The team at Nuffield Health can support you throughout. Their specialist nursing team work with you to make certain that the risks and side effects of IVF are fully discussed before you go ahead. They also have a team of specialist fertility counsellors to support you emotionally.
As a Cigna customer, you’re eligible for a discount on IVF treatment at the Nuffield Health Woking Hospital. Prices will vary from patient to patient, depending on which treatment phases are included. Please click here for some discount examples.
To discuss your treatment and prices, please call the hospital on 01483-227822. Remember to have your Cigna ID number handy to identify yourself as eligible for a discount.
A typical IVF cycle can be broken down into the following phases:
The female undergoes a treatment cycle where her own menstrual cycle is suppressed. Once this has been achieved the ovaries are then stimulated with gonadotrophin drugs to produce several eggs.
2. Egg retrieval
When the follicles in which the eggs are contained reach maturity, an injection will be given to allow the follicles to release the eggs. This is all timed accurately so that the eggs can be collected (usually under sedation or light general anaesthetic) using ultrasound guidance.
3. Fertilisation and culture
Once the eggs are retrieved they will be fertilised with a prepared sperm sample from the partner or sperm donor and incubated over night. The clinic will culture fertilised eggs (embryos) for several days depending on their development.
4. Embryo transfer and freezing
An appointment will be given to you to attend for the embryo transfer, usually on days two or three or days five or six after egg collection. Any embryos remaining in culture that are of suitable quality will be frozen (cryopreserved using vitrification) provided we receive your consent.
5. Pregnancy test
A pregnancy test will be carried out 11 to 14 days after embryo transfer; depending on which day the embryos were transferred. If your test is positive an early pregnancy scan will be carried out vaginally when you are between six and seven weeks pregnant. This is to check for an on-going pregnancy by checking the growth of the foetus and the heartbeat.