Cigna Secure Email
Secure Email: registration and getting started
Cigna's Secure Email is a secure email solution for sending and receiving email messages containing sensitive information, including personal health information (PHI), financial data, and business information. Email messages from Cigna containing PHI or other confidential or highly sensitive information will be sent by secure email.
Cigna's Secure Email is easy to use. Emails are sent to a secure website where you log in and retrieve them. Please read more for information on how to use secure email.
- The first secure email you receive from Cigna will contain a link to set up a secure mailbox ID and password. Click on this link within the first email to open the registration page.
- Enter your first name, middle (optional) and last name in the areas provided.
- Enter a password and password reminder.
- Select two security questions from the drop down menu. Your answers should be easy for you to recall.
- Click the register button. An email confirmation will be sent to the email address that you registered.
- Go to the inbox for the email that you registered. Open the email Secure Email Registration Confirmation and click the link. This will activate your account.
Using Cigna Secure Email
Once you have successfully registered for Cigna Secure Email, you are ready to read, reply, forward or compose secure email messages. Email messages from you will be protected by this secure email solution only when you reply to a message initiated by Cigna.
Reading messages in the inbox
The inbox contains messages you have received within the last 60 days. You can read, reply, forward, download and delete messages in your inbox. You may also print or download attachments.
Compose email messages
The compose option is available to initiate contact to Cigna. Please note, this feature is restricted to sending messages to Cigna recipients only.
Forgot your password?
If you have forgotten your password, you may request your password reminder from the login page. You will need to know the email address that you used when you registered.
The Cigna Customer Support Centre provides support for the Secure Mail application. Please call 01475 492378 for assistance.