Cigna Virtual Health® FAQs
Cigna Virtual Health® helps you on your journey to better health. Our app offers access to expert advice and support at your fingertips, so you can manage your health on the go.
These FAQs tell you everything you need to know about the main app features. Simply click on the headings below to read more.
- What does Cigna Virtual Health® offer?
- Our health and wellbeing app, Cigna Virtual Health®, helps you on your journey to better health. You can enjoy access to expert advice and support at your fingertips, to help you manage your health on the go. Our range of tools and coaching includes: My Virtual GP, My Pharmacy, My Health, My Services, My Health Librarian and My Activity.
- Who can use Cigna Virtual Health®?
- Even if you're not covered on one of our healthcare or dental plans, your employer may have arranged Cigna Virtual Health® access for you. You need to be 18 or over to access it. Your employer will be able to advise if you and your family members have access and can provide further fetails.
- What devices can Cigna Virtual Health® be downloaded to?
- The app can be used on iOS and Android devices.
- How do I prepare for My Virtual GP appointment?
- You must be logged into Cigna Virtual Health® to have your video consultation. You’ll receive a notification in advance to remind you about your appointment and to prompt you to log into Cigna Virtual Health®. To ensure you don’t miss your scheduled appointment time, make sure you’re logged into the app and give yourself plenty of time to get ready for your consultation, in an area with a good Wi-Fi or mobile data connection.
- How do I use My Virtual GP on my smartphone?
- You'll need to log into Cigna Virtual Health® (available on Android and iOS) and select My Virtual GP from the home screen. You can then select the 'Virtual GP Appointment' option. Appointments can be arranged between 6am and 11pm, 7 days a week.
- How many Virtual GP consultations does the app offer me?
Each family has a set number of pre-paid Virtual GP consultations per year of insurance. You can find this out by accessing My Virtual GP and selecting ‘Virtual GP Appointment’. If needed, you’ll be able to pay for additional consultations through the app.
- What happens if I miss an appointment?
- If free consultations have been agreed with your employer and you miss an appointment then this would count as one of your free consultations. You can cancel your appointment up to 3 hours before the scheduled time. If you don’t cancel in time, this will be classed as a missed appointment.
Do I need to make a claim for pre-paid consultations?
You don’t need to make a claim on your healthcare plan to use the pre-paid Virtual GP consultations.
What is the cost of arranging a consultation via the app?
The app offers the option to ‘pay as you go’ for those who have used up their pre-paid appointments or for those not allocated paid appointments. The cost will vary depending on what has been agreed with your employer. You can find this out by accessing My Virtual GP and booking a consultation.
- If a Virtual GP recommends I need to see a specialist, what should I do next?
The referral letter will be sent to you by email. If you're a Cigna healthcare plan member you should refer to your plan documents to understand the benefit limits, and terms and conditions. These are available on your member portal which you can access by clicking ‘My Services’ on the home screen. You'll need authorisation before you start treatment so please call Cigna by selecting 'contact us' within the app and click the Cigna number. The team is on hand to help you 8am - 8pm Monday to Friday and 9am - 12 noon on Saturday. If you don't have a Cigna healthcare plan, you should contact your own healthcare plan provider or visit your own GP. You also have the option to take the referral letter to a private hospital and self-pay for your care.
- What common conditions can I use My Virtual GP for?
Common conditions include allergies, urinary tract infections, cold and flu symptoms, and any other non-emergency illnesses
Are there any second opinion services available to me?
- If you're a Cigna healthcare plan member, your employer may have arranged a second opinion service for a cancer diagnosis and/or cancer treatment plan. You can access more information in the My Virtual GP section.
- Will my personal information be shared?
- No, however if you want to book a virtual consultation, you have the option to enter your GP details or any medical history and allergies that you think may be relevant for your consultation.
- Where are the medical records stored?
- The records are held in a secure encrypted environment, with access restricted to the Clinical Director of the Virtual GP service only. This data is only accessible if there is a legitimate detailed reason.
- Will personal information be shared with my employer or Cigna?
- We value your privacy. Any personal information will not be shared with your employer or with Cigna. The personal information provided simply helps to build a user profile and to shape health coaching programmes that match your needs.
I have forgotten my Cigna Identification number/password for the app, what do I do?
- If you have a Cigna healthcare or dental plan remember it's the same Cigna ID and password to sign into your member portal. You can also recover your Cigna Identification number and retrieve your password on the sign in screen of the app.
- What is My Pharmacy?
- Prescription medicines from My Virtual GP are delivered to a location of your choice at home or work for your convenience. Alternatively, you can select to have an e-prescription sent to a pharmacy of your choice and collect the medicine yourself. There's also a useful tool to help you locate a nearby pharmacy should you need one.
- How do I get prescription medicine?
- If the Virtual GP prescribes medication during a video consultation, the prescription will be shown on your Cigna Virtual Health® app following your consultation. You must ensure that Cigna has the correct address on file for you as this will be the address on the prescription. You can select an active prescription in the app by tapping on the 'Prescriptions' option on the menu and then tapping 'Active Prescriptions'. You can select the prescription and then choose if you want your prescription medicine delivered to you or if you prefer to collect it yourself from a local pharmacy. You can select the option that suits you best and insert either your delivery address or the pharmacy address and make the appropriate payment.
- How much does it cost?
- What you pay depends on how you choose to access your prescription medicines.
- If you choose to have your medicines delivered to you at home or work, you pay a delivery cost plus the cost of the prescribed medicines. Regardless of your location you have to pay for the prescribed medicines and this cost will vary. You will be made aware of the costs for the delivery and the medicines. In the London area a higher fee for same day delivery may be applicable.
- If you choose for an electronic prescription to be sent to your selected participating pharmacy, you will pay £5 for the provision of the prescription. Regardless of where you are in the UK, Dr Now provides private prescriptions and you will pay the private cost for your medication to the pharmacy at the point of collection. The cost will depend on the type of medicine you need.
- What if the pharmacy I selected does not accept electronic prescriptions?
- If this happens, the pharmacy will quickly contact Dr Now to advise them. Dr Now will then contact you to help you resolve this.
- Can I order repeat prescriptions?
- You will not be able to get a repeat prescription without first having another Virtual GP consultation.
- Which pharmacies accept electronic prescriptions?
- A growing number of pharmacies are signed up to the service. And the pharmacy finder tool will help you locate pharmacies that accept electronic prescriptions.
- Do you deliver prescriptions to my area?
- Prescriptions can be delivered same day in London and next day in the rest of the UK, except in remote areas which may take slightly longer depending on routes.
- What pharmacies will accept Virtual GP prescriptions?
- Most pharmacies accept virtual prescriptions. You will be contacted immediately if there are any issues.
- What does My Health Library offer?
- You can access a wide range of health and well-being topics that interest you the most such as sleep and stress.
- What does My Health offer?
- Assess my Health – here you can enjoy access to health and wellbeing assessments which will reveal if you’re eating right, getting enough exercise, sleeping well and coping with stress. It’s a 360 view of your health that shows you what’s working, what needs work and any risk areas.
My Focus – here you can access an overview of your health and wellbeing assessment and view your areas of focus.
My Coaching Programmes - Personalised coaching can help you improve and maintain a healthy lifestyle..There are a variety of coaching programmes that can help you make important lifestyle changes starting today. You can choose fitness programmes such as Fitness HeadSmart, Point Plank, Top to Bottom and Fit Travel to help you get in shape. In terms of nutrition, you can take part in a Hydration programme which will help you stay hydrated, kick the sugar habit with Sugar Shakedown, and eat healthier with the Colourful Eats programme.
To tap into your inner self, you can try Pep Talk, or you can check out Love Yourself, to help increase your confidence with daily activities focused on self-acceptance.
Living Life to the Full - access life skills courses designed to help you cope with stress and learn how to be calmer, more confident and in control. There’s also course modules to help you if you’re living with a health condition.
Biometrics - input and save your key health numbers including; blood pressure, cholesterol, blood sugar levels and BMI.
- How can coaching programmes help me?
- There are a variety of coaching programmes that can help you make important lifestyle changes starting today. You can choose fitness programmes such as Fitness HeadSmart, Point Plank, Top to Bottom and Fit Travel to help you get in shape. In terms of nutrition, you can take part in a Hydration programme which will help you stay hydrated, kick the sugar habit with Sugar Shakedown, and eat healthier with the Colourful Eats programme.
- To tap into your inner self, you can try Mindfulness Practice and Pep Talk, or you can check out Love Yourself, to help increase your confidence with daily activities focused on self-acceptance.
- How do I join a coaching programme?
- Coaching programmes are easily accessible from Cigna Virtual Health® through My Health Mate. You can join the programmes that interest you to help you meet your health, nutrition and fitness goals.
- My Member Portal - If you have a Cigna healthcare or dental plan, this gives you quick access to your Cigna member portal where you can find more information about your plan including how to make a claim and terms and conditions. You’ll also be able to submit and track claims, view your cover details and find out how to access care. You can also explore useful services designed to support your health. And, if you have a Cigna healthcare plan, you can click on ‘How to self-refer’ to discover how to access certain tests and treatments quickly without the need to see a GP.
- What does My Activity offer?
- You can sync an activity tracker including FitBit and Garmin.
Find out more about Cigna Virtual Health®
Watch our video to find out how our health and well-being app can help you on your journey to better health.
Access your member portal
If you have a Cigna medical or dental plan, you can login to your dedicated member portal to access information about your plan and view your claims